COLLECTION OF YORUBA ORISHAS
Not to diss on European mythologies but can we seriously have some fuckin’ recognition that there are religions and mythologies that are not Greek or Norse. Why the fuck did I learn about the Greeks 6 times but we never fucking talked about Africa or even really the mythologies and beliefs of native peoples?
(Pssst from what group are these deities from?)
The Yoruba of western Africa.
Wow they are all fucking beautiful holy balls
I really love these posters for them too!~ They’re so prettyyyy~
Want books about this
- Feminists: Hey. We'd like for women to be treated as equals.
- Society: Oh sure. You want "equality" but then you expect men to open the door and pay for meals, is that it? That's not equality! That's special treatment!
- Feminists: Um, no not really. You don't have to open the door and pay for our meals. We can do that ourselves.
- Society: *gasp* What? You don't want men to open doors for you? Why do you hate nice people? No wonder chivalry is dead! You'd yell at a man for just being polite and opening the door for you?
- Feminists: No! We're just saying you don't have to do it just because we're women!
- Society: And while we're at it, how come you don't protect male victims of abuse and rape, huh?
- Feminists: Actually, we think it's really terrible that men are forced to stay quiet about their abuse because they're worried about not being taken seriously. It's this Alpha Male myth that causes it. Men are abused and raped and they're not helped because men are supposed to be tough and able to handle it. This also goes for men not being able to express emotions.
- Society: Oh, so you just want men to be a bunch of pansies then, huh? You hate men for wanting to be strong LIKE NATURE INTENDED THEM TO BE. You'll be sorry when you end up married to some weak, simpering fool who likes to talk about his "feelings"!
- Society: Also, you can't have equal rights because women aren't aggressive enough to want higher pay and stuff.
- Feminists: HOW ABOUT YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON?
- Society: Jesus, calm down. No need to be so aggressive.
- 'Society' has all kinds of tricks to make us defensive and stop talking about real issues related to women.
- Don't fall for it.
A young black girl decided to not bleach her skin after seeing the success of Lupita Nyong’o.
Lupita Nyong’o was inspired to be an actress after seeing Oprah Winfrey and Whoopi Goldberg in The Color Purple.
Whoopi Goldberg realized she could BE an actress after seeing Nichelle Nichols in Star Trek
Waiting hours for a cellphone to charge may become a thing of the past, thanks to an 18-year-old high-school student’s invention. She won a $50,000 prize Friday at an international science fair for creating an energy storage device that can be fully juiced in 20 to 30 seconds.
Everybody, remember this face.
Remember this name.
If this becomes a commonly used & highly lauded discovery, at some point a White guy is going to take credit, even if he has to word it like “Improved upon a previous…”
No no no
Fuck that guy.
Remember this girl.
What about her name? I keep seeing this all over my dashboard, but I’ve never seen it with her name in the actual post and not just in the link.
Eesha Khare. That’s who she is. Not just “Nameless-brown-girl-who-made-something.”
EESHA KHARE KICKING ASS!
so when this comin out
Let’s keep an eye on this. If a company starts selling products based on her invention, but does not give her money/credit, let’s annoy that company.